Measure Levels of Radiation Continuously
- During the response to a radiation incident, measurement of radiation in the environment will
- Begin as soon as possible
- Continue throughout the response and recovery
- This information will be used by incident managers to
- Manage the response
- Protect responders and the public
- Various kinds of devices will be used to measure radiation in the environment, depending on the nature of the incident
- When measurements of radiation levels are made over the incident site, maps reflecting radiation levels at a particular location and time will be created and used by incident managers.
- Computers are also used to
- Estimate the location and amount of radiation associated with incidents of various kinds
- Create maps used by incident managers
- Radiation levels in the environment will change over time, as radioactivity decays.